Sunday, July 15, 2012

Talent Show


We had a talent show the first Friday of camp, and it was very different from any talent show I’d seen before.  First of all, there were stringed instruments involved, which, at an arts enriched camp is not that unordinary, but I was surprised.  Coupled with the violins and cellos, we had a kid who danced to “I’m sexy and I know it” and one who balanced spoons on his nose.  It was quite the range of “talent.”  Emily and I had prepared a dance for this talent show, but it got rained out before our chance to perform.  Have no fear, we will give the performance of a lifetime before we leave.  My favorite talent was Jakub, who lived in Chicago for three months and has an excellent command of the language.  He played violin to Britney Spears’ “oops I did it again” with a karaoke background.  Hilarious.
Here is Jakub playing Britney Spears

Janek balancing a spoon

Simon playing the cello - shortly after his performance, he dropped it and it broke :(

No comments:

Post a Comment