Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It's 9:30. Do you know where your grandparents are?

The other night we were able to enjoy a wonderful touristy/traditional meal near the Warsaw Old Town.  I went into the Old Town area a bit early and poked around - refreshing my memory of the area.  I wandered until I found the hostel that we stayed at when I was here four years ago.  It was nice to wander and think about the fact that I didn't have to rush, and wasn't looking for tourist gifts or things to purchase. I am going to be here a while, and that is nice to think about.  Though I wasn't in search of souvenirs at this point, I was tempted by ice cream several times.  

As we finished up dinner, I opted to take the bus home.  Though still new to the area, I feel good about navigating the area at this point, and I know it'll only get better with time.  I waited for the bus with an older man, and when we got on the bus, I felt as if I was one of the younger people riding.  This struck me because it was 9:45 at night.  There was a slew of blue hairs chatting, laughing and enjoying themselves - even this late at night.   




I am excited to be in a city with life - even if that means that MY life is the equivalent of people twice + my age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment