Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hotel Federale, Lugano


When we arrived in Lugano, we referenced our Booking.com map of where our hotel was - and it looked super convenient from the train station.  It was the next block over, with just one small turn to make.  However, maps are only 2D and don’t show the elevation and change that occurs when your hotel is in fact one block away, but 100 feet down.  As we exited the station, we could read the name of our hotel, on its roof.  Hmmm.  Following the lead of the crowd, we started down the switchback ramp that led us to the front door of the hotel.  I ran with two big luggage pieces knowing that all they could do is crash into the railing - but evidently it was pretty funny to watch from behind -- my pink bag bouncing on my back as I trotted down hill chasing two suitcases.  






This is a video I took of the steep nature of the ramps I rolled the luggage down - at race pace :)


No comments:

Post a Comment